Vaccinations may boost resistance, but cures for virus-based illnesses like the flu don’t exist. So, keep your immune system “tuned”—it’s the only one you’ve got! Boost your immune system with
- adequate sleep;
- getting recommended vaccinations;
- eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants;
- getting recommended exercise;
- washing your hands and maintaining good hygiene;
- avoiding smoking and heavy alcohol use (or getting evaluated for addictive illness if you struggle with these issues); and
- maintaining a healthy weight.
The immune system becomes less efficient with age. Examine gaps in your immune system maintenance plan, and talk to your EAP, medical doctor, or health/wellness adviser to overcome roadblocks. It may be the first step to a longer life.
for WellConnect Frontline Employee