The Department of Public Health has been monitoring and preparing for any local cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19). There are currently no known cases of the disease within a 500-mile radius of our area and the risk of contracting the virus in our area remains LOW.
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to the virus. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, the CDC recommends these everyday actions:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The IAFF has also developed safety materials for first responders: https://www.iaff.org/coronavirus/