Tonight and into next week, Paisano between US-54 and I-110is closed to traffic overnight, but there’s a marked detour that’s easy to follow. I-10 Connect has been closing on and off ramps intermittently, so look out for those. Both the Copia on ramp (daytime) and the Chelsea off ramp (overnight) are going to have closures. Details below. I have taken out all the long-term closures listed we have gotten used to, but they’re posted in the attached release. Next week, every night, I-10 west will be closed from Hawkins to Airway, starting at 9PM. The weather has caused some rescheduling of closures because we cannot do concrete work with low temps and precipitation. It’s a great idea to follow us on twitter @txdotelp because we try to post updates there when closures are going into effect or cancelled. Another great tool for you is our email updates, which you can sign up for at www.drivetexas.org and you can even choose which highways are of interest to you. You may have to check your clutter folder for them. The weather also means we are out repairing potholes and guardrail all over the place, so please watch out for crews. Orange cones, barrels, signs mean You Are In a Construction Zone: Be Careful. The life you save may be your own. Be warn drivers to be careful and drive to conditions.
|West Area Project Closures|
|I-10 Connect Project Closures|
|East Area Project Closures|
|Maintenance Crews Ready for Winter Weather|
I-10 CONNECT PROJECTUPDATEWednesday, February 12; Thursday, February 13; Tuesday, February 18; and Wednesday, February 19
Nightly from 9pm to 5am
- Eastbound US 62 (Paisano Drive) will be closed to all traffic between I-110 and US 54.
- DETOUR: Turn right on San Marcial Street, left on Delta Drive and left on Boone Street.
Crews will be installing concrete pavement. Monday, February 17, through Thursday, February 20Nightly from 9pm to 5am
- Southbound US 54 will be closed between I-10 and Loop 375.
DETOUR: Take Exit 21A (I-10 East/Van Horn), take Exit 23B (US 62/180/Chelsea Street/Paisano Drive), travel south on Paisano to US 54.
- SH 20 (Alameda Avenue) will be closed to all traffic at US 54.
DETOURS: Eastbound traffic will turn left on Loop 478 (Copia Street), right on Gateway Boulevard East, and right on Raynolds street. Westbound traffic will use westbound US 62 (Paisano Drive) and turn right on Loop 478 (Copia Street).NOTE: Alameda will remain open to local traffic only except for the area immediately under US 54.Crews will be working on a concrete bridge deck. Monday, February 17, and Tuesday, February 18Daily from 9pm to 5am
- The offramp from eastbound I-10 to US 62/180/Chelsea Street/Paisano Drive will be closed to all traffic.
DETOUR: Take Exit 25 (Airway Boulevard/El Paso Airport) and use the turnaround.Crews will be performing electrical work. Until Further NoticeDaily from 9am to 4pm
- The onramp which connects Gateway Boulevard East to eastbound I-10 at Loop 478 (Copia Street) will be closed to all traffic.
DETOUR: Enter eastbound I-10 at Raynolds Street.Crews will be demolishing parts of an overhead ramp. MALL BRAIDED RAMPS PROJECTSunday, Feb. 16 through Thursday, Feb. 21 (complete closure)9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (overnight)
- I-10 westbound complete closure between Hawkins Boulevard and Airway Boulevard
Crews will be repairing armored joint Monday, Feb. 17 through Friday, Feb. 217 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Gateway Boulevard eastbound left lane closure at Hawkins Boulevard intersection
Crews will be working on retaining walls Monday, February 17 through Friday, February 219am to 4pm
- IH10 at Airway turnaround closed in both directions.
- IH10 Eastbound from Hunter/Viscount right lane and shoulder closure.
- IH10 Westbound at Airway off-ramp closure.
- IH10 Westbound at Hawkins on-ramp closure.
- IH10 Westbound from Hawkins to Airway right shoulder closure.
Wednesday, February 199pm to 5am
- Gateway Blvd West from Westmoreland to Airway intersection closure.
Thursday, February 209pm to 5am
- Gateway Blvd East and West intersection at Airway closure.
US54 Widening and Illumination ProjectMonday, February 17 through Friday, February 219am to 4pm
- Alternate lane closures.
Follow all detours until further notice. GO10 Project UtilityMonday, February 17 through Friday, March 6Continuous
- Mesa Eastbound (in the direction headed toward the mountain) will be reduced to one lane between Osborn and Remcon. Blergh.
- No right turns will be permitted onto Mesa from Westbound CD/IH10 Mesa exit ramp.
Guardrail Repair ProjectTuesday, February 189am to 4pm
- IH10 Westbound from Artcraft to Transmountain overpass left lane closure.
Wednesday, February 199am to 4pm
- Spur 601 Westbound from Global Reach to Spur right lane closure.
Thursday, February 209am to 4pm
- LP375 Eastbound from Plant to Zaragoza right lane closure.
Friday, February 219am to 4pm
- I-10 eastbound from Schuster to Porfirio Diaz with complete off-ramp closure at Porfirio Diaz.
Pothole RepairsTuesday, February 18 through Friday, February 219am to 4pm
- Mesa between Brentwood and Executive, Northbound and Southbound alternating lane closures.
Loop 375 Frontage Road ProjectSunday, Feb. 16 through Tuesday, Feb. 189 p.m. to 5 a.m. (overnight)
- Loop 375 southbound right lane closure between North Loop Drive to Alameda Avenue
- Americas Avenue southbound closure at North Loop Drive entrance ramp
- Loop 375 traffic detour westbound at North Loop Drive to Zaragoza Road
- Loop 375 traffic detour eastbound at North Loop Drive to Inglewood Drive
Crews will be installing portable concrete traffic barrier on entrance ramp and work zone striping Until further notice9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Americas Avenue southbound alternating lane closures between North Loop Drive and Zaragoza Road
- Americas Avenue northbound alternating lane closures between Americas Avenue and Socorro Road
- Americas Avenue northbound to southbound turnaround at Alameda closed
- Loop 375 southbound complete closure at Socorro Road entrance ramp (no longer in use)
Closure is necessary for construction of new Pan American Drive exit ramp Zaragoza/Montwood Improvement ProjectUntil further notice (complete closure)
- Montwood Drive westbound from Joe Battle Southbound to Zaragoza intersection shoulder (Bike Lane)
Crews will be installing drainage system Until further notice
- Joe Battle and Zaragoza intersection southbound to northbound turnaround closure
Closure is necessary for construction of new retaining wall