The El Paso Police Department would like to offer the following tips to prevent Driving While Intoxicated:
Don’t Drink and Drive
· Have a non-drinking/responsible designated driver
· Use a Taxi for a ride home (less expensive than expenses related to DWI arrest)
· Use a rideshare home (less expensive that expenses related to DWI arrest)
· Call a friend or loved one for a safe ride home
· Use Public Transportation
· Book a room or stay with a friend
In 2018, there were 70 Fatalities on El Paso roads. Alcohol has been identified as being a part of 31% of those collisions. Several cases from the third quarter of 2018 are pending toxicology results and the number of cases involving alcohol for 2018 may increase.
Remember, Don’t Drink and Drive.
SOURCE – Darrel Petry EPPD Public Affairs